Weakley County Municipal Electric System

11181 Highway 22
Martin, Tennessee 38237

(731) 587-9521 | (800) 553-7409 | Fax (731) 587-2037


Service Information

Apply for Service:

Residential and Non-Residential
Individuals seeking to establish new service or transfer service may do so at our office located at 11181 Hwy. 22, Martin, TN 38237. Applicant will need to provide two forms of identification. One form of identification must me a valid government issued photo identification. There is a $15 set fee for all new or transferred connections of service. WCMES will require a security deposit. See our deposit policy for more details regarding residential or non-residential deposits. 

Past Due Accounts:

Payments made after the due date will be subject to a late payment charge. Official postmarks of the USPS will be considered as the payment date for all payments received by mail. Your service may be disconnected seven days after due date for nonpayment. Written notice of termination will be mailed to customer with final notice at least five days prior to scheduled date of termination. Service will be terminated if customer does not make payment or other acceptable arrangements prior to termination date. If the customer is unable to pay the full amount of the bill before the termination date, Customer Accounts Representatives are authorized to negotiate an Extended Pay Agreement with the customer, subject to the following limits:

  1. The customer must not have defaulted on a previous Extended Pay Agreement in the past 12 months.
  2. The customer must pay a minimum of $50.00 or ½ the bill amount, whichever is greater, prior to the termination date.
  3. The customer agrees to pay the remaining balance of the bill within seven days of the original termination date.

See polices for Termination of Electric Service for Nonpayment for additional details.

Cancel My Service:

Electric accounts may be closed by request at our office located at 11181 Hwy. 22, Martin, TN 38237 or by phone (731-587-9521). The meter will be read on requested removal date. A final bill will be generated and provided to customer. The balance will be due in 14 days from date of final bill. The deposit and any unpaid interest will be applied against unpaid bills of the customer, and if any balance remains after such application, said balance shall be refunded to customer. Alternately, the customer may request the deposit to be held for future accounts.

Outdoor Lighting:

WCMES will provide outdoor lighting on a rental basis. The rate will be shown as a separate listing on your electric bill.

WCMES can provide yard lighting as well a flood lighting for parking lots and larger areas. The yard light will be a 64 watt LED. The flood lighting will be a 400 watt or 1000 watt Metal Halide.

All WCMES lighting will be installed on WCMES poles. If a pole needs to be installed to get the light where you want it, a pole charge will be added to the monthly rate.

The installation charge for a light is $25 for the light and $75 for a pole if needed. See rates for the monthly rental and pole charges.

If you presently have an outdoor light that is a 175 watt Mercury Vapor or 100 watt High Pressure Sodium and it fails, WCMES will install a 64 watt LED in its place. Since the LED is slightly higher in price each month, you will be given the option to keep it or have it removed.

If you are interested in WCMES Outdoor Lighting, please contact WCMES and ask for the Engineering Department. A field Engineer will come out and help you assess where your new light will need to be installed.